The call for papers is now closed. Thank you for your interest.
We welcome everyone to become a part of this great event, and we encourage active participation.
Scala is a general purpose programming language designed to express common programming patterns in a concise, elegant, and type-safe way. It smoothly integrates features of object-oriented and functional languages. SBTS will be held on January 24th, 2017 at the Comcast Center in Philadelphia.
We’re accepting a broad spectrum of talks, featuring topics such as:
- Scala Ecosystem – language extensions, optimization, and performance evaluation.
- Library design and implementation patterns for extending Scala – stand-alone Scala libraries, embedded domain-specific languages, combining language features, generic and meta-programming with macros.
- Concurrent and distributed programming – libraries, frameworks, language extensions, programming models, performance evaluation, experimental results.
- Big data and machine learning – libraries and applications using the Scala programming language. Spark based of course but also NLP and immutable graph processing, scaling architectures, etc., are a good fit for this category.
- Tools – development environments, debuggers, re-factoring tools, testing frameworks.
- Case studies, experience reports, and pearls.
If you practice any of the above streams or have an interesting learning experience to share you are cordially invited to submit a talk proposal (or a number of proposals).
1. It is sufficient to submit a short abstract of the talk in the CFP submission form.
2. For tool demonstrations, a live demonstration of the described tool is expected.
Abstract Selection Guidelines
All submissions will be judged by combination of correctness, significance, novelty, clarity, and interest to the Scala and Comcast-Scala community by the program committee. Submitters will be notified about the abstract selection by Mid-December along with templates for actual presentations. Only selected abstracts will make it into the conference agenda.
Abstract submissions are due by December 2, 2016.